REAL ESTATE NEWS
Mortgage News Daily
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Communities
NYT > Real Estate
Renters: After Some Awful Apartments, Finally a Nice Room in Bushwick
- A musician who has lived with no heat or hot water and in places where animals scrabbled in the walls is glad to have a cozy room and four roommates.
What's Selling Now: Homes That Sold for Around $1 Million
- Recent residential sales in New York City and the region.
Ask Real Estate: A Hissing Radiator and Sleepless Nights
- If the radiator hisses so loudly you can’t sleep, does the landlord have to fix it?
Don’t Mind the Day Care Downstairs
- More than half of the day care centers in New York City are home-based, which means toddlers often get dropped off in residential buildings.
Right at Home: Surviving a Bad Airbnb Review
- Posting a bad review is one thing, but what if a host calls you a bad guest? Would that make you crazy or push you to be a better version of yourself?
The Hunt: Living Way Off Campus, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- For two New York University students, a couple of years in the dorms was enough. But with a $3,000 budget, finding a decent two-bedroom wasn’t easy.
On the Market: Homes for Sale in New York City
- This week’s listings are in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Midtown East, and Chelsea.
On the Market: Homes for Sale in New York and Connecticut
- This week’s properties include a five-bedroom in Southport, Conn., and a four-bedroom in Irvington, N.Y.
Calculator: Heating Complaints
- The city received a record number of complaints about heat from renters during the first week of January, most of them from areas with lower rents.
Living In: Hackensack, N.J.: Small, Ethnically Diverse and Affordable
- A less expensive alternative to many New York City suburbs, Hackensack is building additional housing in an effort to attract millennials.
Newsletter By Email
New Construction Updates
Comparative Market Analysis
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Private MLS Search & Alerts
Private MLS Search and Alerts
Real Estate Resources
BOOKMARK & SHARE